After an Opening by Irish Minister for the Environment, Climate and Communications, Eamon Ryan, leading climate scientists will discuss with science policy advisers and national representatives of the intergovernmental collaboration scheme of JPI Climate “Connecting Climate Knowledge for Europe” on a new mechanism for the timely provision of authoritative climate knowledge to enable the transition to a climate neutral and resilient Europe.
This Equinox Process is building upon, complementing and adding value by linking established institutions and programmes such as the IPCC, Copernicus, ICOS, the European Commission and activities of national climate advisory bodies.
Ambitions and aims will be presented and discussed in a high level panel discussion – contributors:
- Antonio Navarra, Chair of JPI Climate
- Giulia Galluccio, coordinator of MAGICA
- Frank McGovern, Equinox Vice-Chair of JPI Climate
- María José Sanz, Scientific Director of B3C
- Elena Lopéz-Gunn, Director of Icatalist and Member of the European Science Advisory Body on Climate Change
- Myles Allen, Director of Oxford Programme on post-carbon transition
Recording of the side event is available here