The event will take place on 11 December at 12:00 – 13:15 Dubai time – COP28, Norwegian Pavilion.
Leading climate scientists will discuss with science policy advisers and national representatives of the intergovernmental collaboration scheme of JPI Climate “Connecting Climate Knowledge for Europe” on a new mechanism for the timely provision of authoritative climate knowledge to enable the transition to a climate neutral and resilient Europe.
This Equinox Process is building upon, complementing and adding value by linking established institutions and programmes such as the IPCC, Copernicus, ICOS, the European Commission and activities of national climate advisory bodies. Ambitions and aims will be presented and discussed by
- Antonio Navarra, Chair of JPI Climate
- Representative of European Climate /Environment Ministries tbc
- Giulia Galluccio, coordinator of MAGICA
- Frank McGovern, Equinox Vice-Chair of JPI Climate
- María José Sanz, Scientific Director of B3C
- Myles Allen, Director of Oxford Programme on post-carbon transition