4 transnational proposals recommended for funding
In May 2019, the ERA4CS-Task 8.3 Working Team launched a first call on “Exchange action for Officers: Joint Capacity building for climate services policy".
The main objective of the action is to conduct a pilot experiment for institutional alignment that could serve as a test for future and wider alignment actions in the area of Climate Services. The final aim is to contribute to aligning R&D programmes, tools/instruments and/or climate-related agendas of the participating countries.
Supported by the ERANET ERA4CS, this call required the engagement of two climate services providers, one hosting/one visiting with specific persons identified within them.
At the closing of the first deadline, in total 8 proposals were received and evaluated by an Evaluation Committee who ranked the projects. According to this ranking, 4 proposals have been shortlisted and proposed for funding.
The shortlisted proposals, with applicants (only when explicit consent has been given), institutions and countries involved are the following:
• WR/CRA (CH, DE)
- Dr. Oliver Wetter. Wetter-Risk (WR)
- Dr. Manfred Mudelsee. Climate Risk Analysis (CRA)
• FMI/BSC (FI, ES)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI)
- Dr. Ilaria Vigo. Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
• DCEA-NOVA-FCT/BSC (PT, ES)
- The NOVA School of Science and Technology (DCEA-NOVA-FCT)
- Dr. Albert Soret. Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
• IPSL/ HZG-GERICS (FR, DE)
- Dr. Amélie Rajaud. Institut Pierre-Simon Laplace (IPSL)
- Climate Service Center Germany at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG-GERICS)
As announced, further deadlines will be opened until funds exhaustion. The second deadline of the call is the
30th September 2019.