The selection procedure related to the JPI Climate Joint Transnational Call on "Enabling Societal Transformation in the Face of Climate Change" (SOLSTICE) that was launched in the fall of 2019 successfully closed on February 3rd. Our evaluation procedure concluded on the 18th of June with a meeting by an independent panel of experts. The final decision was taken by the SOLSTICE funding organisations.
The projects will be financed by the SOLSTICE funding organisations, consisting of 10 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Norway and the United Kingdom) who partnered to offer this opportunity.
The call had an indicative budget of 6.900.000€ to support international research projects of a duration of up to 3 years. The overall objective of this call was to enable societal transformation in the face of climate change.
In total, 7 projects have now been selected:
1. CCC-CATAPULT: Challenging the Climate Crisis: Children’s Agency to TAckle Policy Underpinned by Learning for Transformation (UKRI, AKA, EPA, MIUR)
2. Just-Scapes: Environmental justice analysis to advance rural landscape transformations in the face of climate change (UKRI, ANR, MSMT)
3. 202CM: Overcoming Obstacles and Disincentives to Climate Change Mitigation: A cross-cutting approach by human and social sciences (BELSPO, ANR, RCN)
4. ROLES: Responsive Organising for Low Emission Societies (RCN, MIUR, UKRI)
5. JUSTDECARB: Socially Just and Politically Robust Decarbonisation: A Knowledge Base and Toolkit for Policymakers (RCN, UKRI, FFG, MSMT)
6. SOLARIS: SOLidarity in climate change Adaptation policies: towards more socio-spatial justice in the face of multiple RISks (ANR, UKRI, BELSPO, AKA)
7. CLEAN Cultures: An approach for innovative Climate Learning, Evaluation and Action in Neighbourhoods (FFG, AKA, RCN, MIUR, AKA)
Here is a brochure of the selected projects and their abstracts